Stay In Touch

My photo
Gillespie, Illinois, United States
Experienced,artistic and passionate soap artisan. New Artfire store up here: http://WildSense.artfire.com ~*~ Don't forget to check out my Wild Sense aromatics Fan Page on Facebook too!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Frangipani (Plumeria) for Spring

I fell in love with a new FO I tested today - it's Frangipani from www.elementsbathandbody.com.
This will be available very soon! I must get my hands on more as this is just the thing for Spring. Definitely a keeper - this is the first plumeria type floral I've tried that didn't accelerate to the point that I couldn't swirl.  I soaped at cool temps and added the FO to my lye water. I added Titanium Dioxide and White Diamond mica to the base part, and the swirls were pretty bright sparkly yellow mica and then a blend of Blush mica with Pink Champagne, which resulted in a golden pink shimmery color.  No problem with time to swirl, although it did harden right up soon after I finished. I like my swirls imprecise and a little mixed up for interest.

I haven't unmolded this yet, but will tomorrow morning and post the cut bars.  I just adore this mold!!  Next up I'll do a log mold configuration with this same mold, so I can make the Chocolate Covered Cherry soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment